Lu Wei & Ngai-Man Cheung
Thilini is a PhD student at the Singapore University of Technology and Design since January 2017. She received her Bachelor’s degree specialising in Computer Science from University of Colombo in July 2015. Afterwards she worked as a software engineer at WSO2, an open-source middleware company for 2 years before staring her graduate studies. She is interested in researching on NLP and language generation from non-textual data.
EDUCATION & WORKING EXPERIENCE
- 2017 – Present Ph.D. in Information Systems Technology and Design, Singapore University of Technology and Design, Singapore
- 2015 – 2016 Worked at WSO2
- 2010 – 2015 BSc (Hons) in Computer Science, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka
AWARDS & ACHIEVEMENTS
- SUTD President Graduate Fellowship. 2017 – Present
- Best paper joint award – 2015 Fifteenth International Conference on Advances in ICT for Emerging Regions
- T. Cooray and G. Wikramanayake, “An approach for transforming keyword-based queries to SPARQL on RDF data source federations,” 2015 Fifteenth International Conference on Advances in ICT for Emerging Regions (ICTer), Colombo, 2015, pp. 168-175.
- Cooray, T. & Wikramanayake, G., (2016). Path index based keywords to SPARQL query transformation for semantic data federations. International Journal on Advances in ICT for Emerging Regions (ICTer). 9(1), pp.12–23.